The Eye of the Nation – that sees across the river.
I’solezwe lesiXhosa was first launched on the 30 of March 2015 as South Africa’s first ever daily Xhosa newspaper. The newspaper now operates successfully as a weekly – published every Thursday – in the Eastern Cape and Western Cape provinces.
I’solezwe lesiXhosa nurtures and fosters pride within the wider Xhosa community – a community that is proud of its traditions, its heritage and culture. The newspaper seeks to be truthful, accurate, objective and foster the aspirations of the amaXhosa people, both culturally and commercially.
Continuous coverage is given to national and regional news, regional business, lifestyle, entertainment, sport and social.
Physiographically, our readership is typified by individuals who are;
- Intensely proud of the Xhosa heritage.
- Wish to be informed about the happenings in their community – both the serious and light hearted.
- They wish to be informed about the outside world – but are irritated by unending flow of political rhetoric.
- Their life-needs are identical to all South Africans – shelter, food, health, basic services and an improving life style.
- Metropolitan residents are more closely focused on visible material assets than their rural counterparts.
Distribution (33 000 as of 1 August 2016)
Distribution of I’solezwe lesiXosa is across the Eastern Cape Province with an up weighted focus on the key economically active regions of Mthatha, East London, King Williamstown and Port Elizabeth.
Research records that:
- There are 3.5 million literate Xhosas, aged 15 years and plus, and falling into LSM 4 – 9 segments that are resident in the Eastern Cape.
- It is also noteworthy that a further 1.2 million are resident in the Western Cape and 500 000 in Gauteng.
- While the population is widely dispersed – both urban and rural – upwards of 66% claim to be resident in the metropolitan complexes of Port Elizabeth, East London and Mthatha.
- Expected readership will be male biased – 55:45.
To advertise in the I’solezwe lesiXhosa please contact our sales executives:
Nwabisa Nompunga 043 721 2237 | Cell: 078 951 1227 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Miso Jikijela 043 721 3465 | Cell: 082 702 8143 | email@example.com
The I’solezwe lesiXhosa is an Africa Community Media (ACM) title. ACM also publishes:Athlone News | Atlantic Sun | Bolander | CapeTowner | False Bay Echo | Plainsman | Sentinel News | Southern Mail | Southern Suburbs Tatler | Tabletalk | Northern News Goodwood/Parow | Northern News Bellville/Durbanville | Northern News Kuilsriver/Brackenfell/Kraaifontein | The Pink Tongue | DFA | I’solezwe lesiXhosa | KZN Shoppers